Pastor David Woods Jr.
was born and raised in Panama City, Florida. He grew up from a youth to a young man at Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, under the leadership of Superintendent R.L. McCloud. After Elder McCloud's death, he served under the current Pastor, W.C. Green. From a child the unseen hand of God was upon him, for he was very sick as a child with asthma, but God healed him of that disease. At a young age, while working in the Church ,he held many positions at Holy Temple, including Assistant Youth Pastor. As God prepared him for the Call "his heart hurt for the children he had to leave at Holy Temple, but nevertheless, Pastor David Woods ,Jr ,upon saying "Yes Lord" answered the call and has shown diligence in making his election sure, when he came to a quaint little town in the Panhandle of Florida called Chipley in 1996 to build a Church for the Kingdom of God.
Mission Statement: "TO MINISTER THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AND ITS' CHRIST TO ALL SOILS FORM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE."
- TRANSFORMING FOLLOWERS INTO LEADERS
- BRING TRUE WORSHIP TO THE LIVES OF GOD'S PEOPLE
- HEALING AND DELIVERANCE MINISTRY AND TEACHING
- EDUCATE AND TRAIN THE NEXT GENERATION OF LEADERSHIP
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- FAMILY - We believe there is nothing more important than strong united families.
- RELATIONSHIPS - We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life.
- CHARACTER - We believe that character is more important than talent.
- SOUND DOCTRINE - We believe that teaching and doctrine should be balanced on the historical roots of Christianity that shaped our faith.
- PRAYER - We believe in the power of prayer, and that makes a critical difference in all we attempt to achieve.
- DEVOTION - We believe that full devotion to Christ and His cause are normal for every believer.
- WORSHIP - We believe that worship is automatic in the life of every Spirit filled believer and normal in everyday living.
- EQUIPPING - We believe in equipping the saints for ministry and life by helping them to operate in their spiritual gifts.
- EVANGELISM - We believe that an effective church services it's community and treats everyone with love, respect, and dignity.
- EXCELLENCE - We believe excellence honors God and inspires greatness.
- "We serve an excellent God and He deserves an Excellent Work"
- We serve locally and build globally.
- We proclaim a cultural and relevant gospel.
- The Holy Ghost is our guide and teacher.
- We have spiritual and natural resources to serve the needs of our community.
- Mature and trained leader with a heart for the next generation